Visibility of the usernames in content status info should be configurable (for privacy reasons) - DONE!

For privacy reasons, users should be able to configure the plugin to hide usernames in Content Status Indicator and Content Status Browser.

Have more questions? Submit a request

40 Comments

  • 0
    Avatar
    Aron Gombas

    Niko, you can absolutely deploy this to production even if it is marked as "preview".

    Like I wrote above it successfully went through our testing procedure.

    (The final release may have additional changes, but those will not be related to this feature.)

  • 0
    Avatar
    Aron Gombas

    I am now looking for feedback: who installed the "early access" JAR? Has it met your expectations?

  • 0
    Avatar
    Niko Henschen

    Dear Aron,

    I have asked our IT-admins to install the plug-in.

    I will come back with feedback ASAP.

    Thanks again!

     Niko

  • 0
    Avatar
    Aron Gombas

    So, we couldn't wait any longer. The public release is out! Enjoy!

    http://www.midori-global.com/blog/2018/09/26/better-content-archiving-for-confluence-8.1.0-released

  • 0
    Avatar
    Ralf Paprotny

    I'm sorry that I have to get back to that. After a few month of working with the disabled usernames it became apparant that the weekly notification e-mails (pages not viewed recently) still show the usernames of the last visit.

    Therefore this topic is not completely solved, there is still a violation of the GDPR.

  • 0
    Avatar
    Michael Paulus

    Hi Ralf, are you sure you have installed the latest version? We do not see the name but "undisclosed user" in the mails.

  • 0
    Avatar
    Ralf Paprotny

    Hi Michael, thank you for your feedback, I will ask if we have the latest version installed.

  • 0
    Avatar
    Aron Gombas

    Ralf, please let us know if the problem still exists. If so, open a ticket, it will be a misconfiguration issue, most likely.

  • 0
    Avatar
    Ralf Paprotny

    Hi, please excuse the confusion. The mails were anonymized, the plugin worked correctly. But we got a Confluence update a few weeks ago, and it seems that this update deleted the privacy setting. The plugin setting was not checked after the update, and therefore the privacy setting was disabled.

    We still have the 8.1.0-preview version installed, since the 8.1.0 release has a different plugin name and must be reinstalled instead of updated (there is no available "update" shown).

  • 0
    Avatar
    Michael Paulus

    No worries, as bringing the issue up cleared it nicely for you:-)

Please sign in to leave a comment.